Right now if you look inside Katie's mouth you will notice 2 teeth for sure, but possibly 4 if she opens her mouth wide enough for you to see the top 2. But there are really 7 teeth in there! 7 teeth have broken through the gum line and even if they aren't visible, I am counting them! She has been drooling, chewing, irritable, and has had a runny nose for weeks. Yesterday I found those 3 new teeth. What a relief! I was considering having her head X-rayed. (no, not really.)
In other news, she still jabbers all the time but if you listen closely and if you have a well trained ear you will hear real words and even sentences! She has been known to say "I need a book", "I want cheese" and "It's hot". Her favorite new activity is coloring (cuh-yee) and she yells "Cuh-yee!" as she waves her hand around to demonstrate her coloring technique. It's actually more like a violent assault on the paper- one swift slashing motion and then lots of giggles. The magnadoodle I bought years ago for Dylan is suddenly a hot item and I have never been more thankful for magnetic pens and metal shavings, or whatever those things are made from. Also- Color Wonder. She can get the lid off any marker she finds- with messy consequences.
Katie is leaving babyhood behind. She now understands what we say to her and says "yes" when she means yes and "no" when she means no- she has really strong opinions, hobbies, she tries to make us laugh, and she even makes up games to play. (Her favorites include tummy tickling.) Oh, I almost forgot. She will now leave a bow or pony tail in her hair! It may seem like a small thing, but people are much less likely to ask if she's a boy if her hair is in cute little piggy tails!
In other news, she still jabbers all the time but if you listen closely and if you have a well trained ear you will hear real words and even sentences! She has been known to say "I need a book", "I want cheese" and "It's hot". Her favorite new activity is coloring (cuh-yee) and she yells "Cuh-yee!" as she waves her hand around to demonstrate her coloring technique. It's actually more like a violent assault on the paper- one swift slashing motion and then lots of giggles. The magnadoodle I bought years ago for Dylan is suddenly a hot item and I have never been more thankful for magnetic pens and metal shavings, or whatever those things are made from. Also- Color Wonder. She can get the lid off any marker she finds- with messy consequences.
Katie is leaving babyhood behind. She now understands what we say to her and says "yes" when she means yes and "no" when she means no- she has really strong opinions, hobbies, she tries to make us laugh, and she even makes up games to play. (Her favorites include tummy tickling.) Oh, I almost forgot. She will now leave a bow or pony tail in her hair! It may seem like a small thing, but people are much less likely to ask if she's a boy if her hair is in cute little piggy tails!
Comments
What a cutie!
Luv, Oma