So I know that little kids grow fast so why was I so surprised to look at Dylan today and see that his pants were floods? I bought him some new jeans just about the time that school started in the Fall and they were just a touch long. This morning his socks were clearly visible so I had him stand next to his growth chart in his room. He's grown 2 inches since January. Is that a lot? It sure seems like a lot to me. After reading about my sister-in-law's woes trying to buy jeans for her daughter I was a little nervous to embark on a similar journey today. I found out one really annoying thing- certain stores only carry jeans seasonally. Who in their right mind is dressing their Seattle children in shorts in April? I know that people are buying one season ahead, but give me a break! There was not one single pair of jeans in the whole store! Gymboree, I tried really hard to spend my money in your store. Instead I bought Dylan jeans from the Gap. The afore mentioned sister-in-law was sad to see that the Gap doesn't make just plain old jeans for little girls. Little girl jeans are apparently women's styles cut in tiny sizes- low rise and what not. I was shopping for a little boy though and was really happy to see "slim" sizes. Dylan was a little mystified by jeans that actually had to be unbuttoned before he could get in to them. He liked the fastener on the jeans though, so he was sold.
Dylan made me these hearts as an anniversary gift. Sweet, huh? Ten years ago I was newly graduated from college, in love and ready to get married! Well, technically I was freaking out about getting married, which probably made Ken feel super good. Most of you know this story and the rest of you probably don't care, but it's my blog, so ppppthhhht! Ken lived across the street from me during our last year of college (but curiously, we were 24 and 25. Oh, how I love BYU). He and his room mate spent many evenings, and when I say evenings I really mean late at night, in my living room talking to my room mates, Laura and Cheryl (hi guys!). I would emerge from my basement lair, tell them to pipe down and then retreat for my beauty sleep and morning classes. Ken would hang out then go home, watch a movie, go jogging at 3 am and then sleep until noon. Somewhere in there I assume he also studied a bit but maybe not. He probably just showed up and dazzled his professors with his ...
Comments
he's wearing a 6 and I almost went with a 7 because the 6 fit just right- none too long- I hope he wears them for long enough to make it worth the price!