Dylan loves Fruit Gushers. They're fruit snacks filled with flavored syrup. I guess I am a bad mom because I let him buy them. They now have a second appeal. Maybe more appealing to him than the Fruit Gushers themselves. There's a Fruit Gushers sweepstakes going on right now. You might might win a $5 cash card. It will only cost you $3.00 to find out if your box has a $5 cash card inside! Every time we get to buy a new box Dylan gets so excited and when there's no cash card inside his little face falls.
"This box is heavier than the others. I'll bet it has a cash card inside!" Dylan said to me today as he picked up a box of Fruit Gushers at the store. He put the box in the cart, but soon needed to inspect it further. I handed him the box. "Oh!" he exclaimed. "I just heard a scraping noise. It could be the sound of numbers scraping against the inside of the box. Like the numbers on a cash card. I'll bet there's a cash card inside!" A few minutes later:
Dylan: "Can I open this box?"
Me: "No."
Dylan: "Why?"
Me: "We haven't paid for it yet. Just wait until we get to the car."
Dylan: "Ah, man!"
I am sure you can see where this is headed. There was no cash card inside the box. The second we left the store he tore the box open and by the time we reached the car he sat dejectedly looking at the box. "Can I eat some Fruit Gushers?" he asked. "Sure." I said. He perked right up and ate his treat. Only 5 more packages to go until a new box!
"This box is heavier than the others. I'll bet it has a cash card inside!" Dylan said to me today as he picked up a box of Fruit Gushers at the store. He put the box in the cart, but soon needed to inspect it further. I handed him the box. "Oh!" he exclaimed. "I just heard a scraping noise. It could be the sound of numbers scraping against the inside of the box. Like the numbers on a cash card. I'll bet there's a cash card inside!" A few minutes later:
Dylan: "Can I open this box?"
Me: "No."
Dylan: "Why?"
Me: "We haven't paid for it yet. Just wait until we get to the car."
Dylan: "Ah, man!"
I am sure you can see where this is headed. There was no cash card inside the box. The second we left the store he tore the box open and by the time we reached the car he sat dejectedly looking at the box. "Can I eat some Fruit Gushers?" he asked. "Sure." I said. He perked right up and ate his treat. Only 5 more packages to go until a new box!
Comments