We've got snow! It's sticking around too. Dylan had two late start days this week- Monday and Tuesday- because of a little snow that fell Saturday night. Wednesday school was canceled because of a snowstorm forecast for the afternoon and the district didn't want the buses caught in the snow on the way home. I have never seen school canceled for the threat of snow before. We had a good little laugh about that. Wednesday night we did get quite a bit of snow and so school was canceled again today. I am brave enough to drive in the snow, so we went sledding with some friends today. I never have snowsuits for my kids unless we happen to get one handed down. It just isn't worth buying one for the little bit of snow we get. On our way sledding we stopped by the thrift store and bought 2 snowsuits for $14! My kids looked like little ragamuffins and Katie's snowsuit was a little too small, but overall it was a great deal! I did forget my camera so I don't have any pictures of our fun day. You'll have to trust me that Dylan and Katie were super cute sledding. The hill was pretty small and Katie went down on a sled by herself several times. Dylan had to be reminded not to aim at the one tree at the bottom of the hill but other than a possible Ethan Froam moment he was happy as can be to slide down head first and then run back to the top and slide right back down again over and over.
I am pretty confident the school will be closed again tomorrow- the snow isn't really going anywhere and the school are super cautious so maybe we'll have another sledding trip with a camera tomorrow!
I am pretty confident the school will be closed again tomorrow- the snow isn't really going anywhere and the school are super cautious so maybe we'll have another sledding trip with a camera tomorrow!
Comments