We bought a tree tonight. It will be a several day process to get it all decorated but at least we bought the tree. We bought the one that Dylan fell in love with at the tree lot- it turns out our ceilings aren't quite as tall as we thought and the tree just fits. But it's a pretty tree and out tree topper sorts of clips on to a top branch, so we'll be fine. Katie wore a Santa hat to the tree lot and looked for the "tiny trees" what ever those are. Dylan couldn't find his Santa hat and we refused to let him wear his bathrobe, even if it is Christmas themed. He was a good sport about leaving it at home and instead wore it to bed. The kids ate their first candy canes of the season at the tree lot. While they ate the candy canes the tree guys tied our tree to the car. A solid 15 minutes later we were on the road headed for home. I was a little curious about the 15 minutes of tying a tree to the car for a short drive home. Apparently there was a bit of a technical problem that was part of the delay. In any case that tree was VERY well secured to the car. We got it home and in the tree stand. Now that the kids are in bed we will begin the exact art of straightening the tree. Tighten on the left, loosen on the right. It's tilting too far forward. You get the picture. Merry Christmas!
Dylan made me these hearts as an anniversary gift. Sweet, huh? Ten years ago I was newly graduated from college, in love and ready to get married! Well, technically I was freaking out about getting married, which probably made Ken feel super good. Most of you know this story and the rest of you probably don't care, but it's my blog, so ppppthhhht! Ken lived across the street from me during our last year of college (but curiously, we were 24 and 25. Oh, how I love BYU). He and his room mate spent many evenings, and when I say evenings I really mean late at night, in my living room talking to my room mates, Laura and Cheryl (hi guys!). I would emerge from my basement lair, tell them to pipe down and then retreat for my beauty sleep and morning classes. Ken would hang out then go home, watch a movie, go jogging at 3 am and then sleep until noon. Somewhere in there I assume he also studied a bit but maybe not. He probably just showed up and dazzled his professors with his ...
Comments