Dylan, as I have mentioned before, tends to jump with both feet into his latest obsession. If it's superheros, then he's afraid to go to sleep at night because who will fight crime if not him? If it's trains then his engineer hat is perma-glued to his head, making me wonder if his head growth will be restricted by the size of the hat. I usually indulge his obsessions because they make me smile and I love the passion he shows for each of them. Today I had to put my foot down. He wanted to go to school dressed like Winnie the Pooh. Red shirt? I am okay with that. But even if Pooh Bear doesn't wear pants, Dylan has to. He was really disappointed and insisted several times that if he was to be an authentic Winnie the Pooh, then pants were right out. Luckily I won that fight without too much drama. He's Winnie the Pooh with pants. I told him that khaki pants are kind of the same color as his skin so he could pretend that he wasn't wearing pants. "Do I have yellow shoes?" he asked. "No." "Ah, Man!"
I will be glad when this phase had run it's course.
I will be glad when this phase had run it's course.
Comments