I may lose this internet connection at any time. I'm sort of stealing it from who knows who via the miracle of wireless connection.
We're having such a great time in Rome. Our feet are killing us and we drop off to sleep in about 30 seconds each night- but that's what we love about vacation. Today we went through the Vatican museum. After fighting our way through 20+ rooms, (and seeing some pretty cool things on the way) we made our way to the Sistine Chapel. I know you've seen pictures in your text books in school or Rome coffee table books, but wow! It just blows you away when you see it in person. It's probably a little cooler if you're rich and famous and you get a private showing, without 5,000 fellow tourists and the guards clapping and shhhh-ing and "no photo!"-ing. But even with all that, the frescos are really impressive.
We are on our way to Florence the day after tomorrow. I don't know when I'll get to blog again but watch out for the trip in picture form once I get back home.
p.s. My mom says Caitlin FINALLY got her first tooth
We're having such a great time in Rome. Our feet are killing us and we drop off to sleep in about 30 seconds each night- but that's what we love about vacation. Today we went through the Vatican museum. After fighting our way through 20+ rooms, (and seeing some pretty cool things on the way) we made our way to the Sistine Chapel. I know you've seen pictures in your text books in school or Rome coffee table books, but wow! It just blows you away when you see it in person. It's probably a little cooler if you're rich and famous and you get a private showing, without 5,000 fellow tourists and the guards clapping and shhhh-ing and "no photo!"-ing. But even with all that, the frescos are really impressive.
We are on our way to Florence the day after tomorrow. I don't know when I'll get to blog again but watch out for the trip in picture form once I get back home.
p.s. My mom says Caitlin FINALLY got her first tooth
Comments