When we went to Paris 2 years ago we saw these little cars all over the city. I think they are the cutest things around and so I was happy to see that the Smart Car has taken over Rome. They are the only car that can fit down some of the tiny alleys and you can park them perpendicular to the sidewalk- so there's always a parking spot! (My favorite one we saw was pink.) One night while we were waiting for a bus that never came we tried to figure out the ratio of Smart Cars to all other non-taxi/truck/bus cars on the road. It was about 1:10. They seem to come in packs- there would be a clump of 3 or 4 at a time. We hear that Smart Cars are possible coming State side- they are already available in Canada- but they are not as great as I thought they were. I hear they are expensive, not very fast and surprisingly non fuel efficient. Not to mention how scary it would be to be on the freeway with all of the SUV's! Even still, deep down I love this car! Maybe Santa will put one in my stocking for Christmas.
When we went to Paris 2 years ago we saw these little cars all over the city. I think they are the cutest things around and so I was happy to see that the Smart Car has taken over Rome. They are the only car that can fit down some of the tiny alleys and you can park them perpendicular to the sidewalk- so there's always a parking spot! (My favorite one we saw was pink.) One night while we were waiting for a bus that never came we tried to figure out the ratio of Smart Cars to all other non-taxi/truck/bus cars on the road. It was about 1:10. They seem to come in packs- there would be a clump of 3 or 4 at a time. We hear that Smart Cars are possible coming State side- they are already available in Canada- but they are not as great as I thought they were. I hear they are expensive, not very fast and surprisingly non fuel efficient. Not to mention how scary it would be to be on the freeway with all of the SUV's! Even still, deep down I love this car! Maybe Santa will put one in my stocking for Christmas.
Comments