If you're stopping by here you might be expecting me to blog about this:
But I am not. At least not today. Instead I will tell you about staying up all night with my sick baby. Then you will feel sorry for me, instead of envying me because I was just here:

Last night I woke up around 1 am as Ken was rushing down to Caitlin's room. She wakes up a few nights a month with a bad dream and needs a hug so I didn't think too much about it. I got up to use the facilities and Ken still wasn't back. Caitlin's light was on so I went over to investigate. Ken was cleaning her up and changing her pajamas because she'd thrown up everywhere. We got her and her room all cleaned up and checked her temperature, which was normal. We put her back to bed with a bucket next to her and went back to sleep. We assumed it was the hot dog she ate for dinner plus the candy she ate while watching Toy Story 3. Less than 20 minutes later Ken rushed back out. He was back in just a few minutes, she'd been sick again but he got there in time to help her aim, making clean up much faster! Then around 2 I heard her. I was too slow so we had to change the bedding and everything again. At 2:30 I heard her again, put the last clean sheet on her bed and decided to sleep a little closer to her. I set myself up on the lounge chair outside her door. I never was able to actually fall asleep but I think I did hallucinate a bit in between bouts of barfing. At one point I was positive we had a choir singing in the playroom but they were singing ominous music and freaking me out. Caitlin stayed super sweet through the whole ordeal. After round 4 or 5 she said to me, "Good night mommy. See you in the morning. I promise in the morning I will play quietly in my room and then come down for breakfast." After the next time I cleaned her up and tucked her back in she popped back out to hug and kiss me. The last throwing up was about 5:30 am. I did fall asleep for a bit after but at 7 am I could hear her knocking around. I went in to her room and she was laying on the floor next to her toys, attempting to play. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she fell out of bed over there. Half way across the room. Then she said, "Can you put me back where I belong?" I put her in bed, turned on a story for her to listen to and went back to bed. That was 3 1/2 hours ago and I haven't heard from her yet. Poor thing! Her room smells, she smells. Still no fever. Is there any way it's food poisoning? No, right?
Update: Caitlin woke up just after noon, crying. When we went in there and asked if she was feeling alright she said she was fine. "Then why are you crying?" "Because I was trying to say the alphabet but there are too many letters on the wall!" (she has the alphabet painted on the walls of her room)
Last night I woke up around 1 am as Ken was rushing down to Caitlin's room. She wakes up a few nights a month with a bad dream and needs a hug so I didn't think too much about it. I got up to use the facilities and Ken still wasn't back. Caitlin's light was on so I went over to investigate. Ken was cleaning her up and changing her pajamas because she'd thrown up everywhere. We got her and her room all cleaned up and checked her temperature, which was normal. We put her back to bed with a bucket next to her and went back to sleep. We assumed it was the hot dog she ate for dinner plus the candy she ate while watching Toy Story 3. Less than 20 minutes later Ken rushed back out. He was back in just a few minutes, she'd been sick again but he got there in time to help her aim, making clean up much faster! Then around 2 I heard her. I was too slow so we had to change the bedding and everything again. At 2:30 I heard her again, put the last clean sheet on her bed and decided to sleep a little closer to her. I set myself up on the lounge chair outside her door. I never was able to actually fall asleep but I think I did hallucinate a bit in between bouts of barfing. At one point I was positive we had a choir singing in the playroom but they were singing ominous music and freaking me out. Caitlin stayed super sweet through the whole ordeal. After round 4 or 5 she said to me, "Good night mommy. See you in the morning. I promise in the morning I will play quietly in my room and then come down for breakfast." After the next time I cleaned her up and tucked her back in she popped back out to hug and kiss me. The last throwing up was about 5:30 am. I did fall asleep for a bit after but at 7 am I could hear her knocking around. I went in to her room and she was laying on the floor next to her toys, attempting to play. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she fell out of bed over there. Half way across the room. Then she said, "Can you put me back where I belong?" I put her in bed, turned on a story for her to listen to and went back to bed. That was 3 1/2 hours ago and I haven't heard from her yet. Poor thing! Her room smells, she smells. Still no fever. Is there any way it's food poisoning? No, right?
Update: Caitlin woke up just after noon, crying. When we went in there and asked if she was feeling alright she said she was fine. "Then why are you crying?" "Because I was trying to say the alphabet but there are too many letters on the wall!" (she has the alphabet painted on the walls of her room)
Comments