
A while ago we bought some hanging planters for the front porch and after several weeks of adorning our front door Ken noticed that every time he watered the plants a little bird flew around him, tweeting frantically.

"I think maybe it's living in the planter." Ken told me one day. Then two days ago he called me out to look in the planter. There was a nest inside with 3 eggs and one tiny baby bird!

The mommy bird was not at all happy with us poking around her nest and the whole time I was trying to get a shot of the eggs and baby she was flitting around, chirping at us, trying to shoo us away. I never did manage to get a good shot- too many leaves in the way. So today I went back to try again and all the eggs have hatched!

As I poked my camera lens in, the movement of the leaves made the little babies stretch their little beaks up, hoping mommy was bringing them food. I tried to hurry because the mommy was on her way back to bring them food and once again she was hopping around near by, trying to scare me away with her little chirps.
Comments