Skip to main content
What will you call this year? Twenty-ten? Two thousand ten? I kinda like two-oh-one-oh. It makes us all sound like we're in a ritzy zip code. How soon before we start using just the last part? "Yeah, I graduated in ten."

We're starting off whatever-you-want-to-call-this-year with Lego building and hanging around in pajamas for as long as possible. We let Dylan stay up until the televised Space Needle fireworks were over (about 12:15) and I only lasted about 10 minutes longer. Katie made it all the way until 10:00 but you know she was tired because she didn't use any of her patented stalling tactics. One story and she went to sleep.

We're made good use of the new wii last night. I have to confess- I never really saw the appeal of video games but I think that wii sports is pretty fun. Dylan whipped us all soundly at bowling and even Caitlin learned how to use the controller to bowl alone. After Katie went to sleep we rocked out to Beatles Rock band, which is the reason that a video game console finally made its way into our home. I think I should get some kind of "Most Improved" trophy! As long as I stick to 'easy' I don't suck that much anymore!

We're such party animals, huh?

Comments

Ginny Clark said…
sounds like you had an amazing two oh one oh new years party...
gwyn said…
Sounds fun to me! We partied hard with the kids too and I think that's the best way to ring in the new year. Can't WAIT to come over and play Beatles Rockband... in fact, I think I will plan our next visit around it!
ten sounds just too blah...i think we'll call it twenty ten...though by the end of the year i wonder if it won't melt down to just ten...we'll have to wait and see! i'm still fighting off the wii here at our house...not a big advocate for video games though i now have 7 i'm fighting against :) one day when i walk in my house and don't find at least one dvd or movie case on my floor...maybe then i'll consider the $50 wii games :)

Popular posts from this blog

10 years today

Dylan made me these hearts as an anniversary gift. Sweet, huh? Ten years ago I was newly graduated from college, in love and ready to get married! Well, technically I was freaking out about getting married, which probably made Ken feel super good. Most of you know this story and the rest of you probably don't care, but it's my blog, so ppppthhhht! Ken lived across the street from me during our last year of college (but curiously, we were 24 and 25. Oh, how I love BYU). He and his room mate spent many evenings, and when I say evenings I really mean late at night, in my living room talking to my room mates, Laura and Cheryl (hi guys!). I would emerge from my basement lair, tell them to pipe down and then retreat for my beauty sleep and morning classes. Ken would hang out then go home, watch a movie, go jogging at 3 am and then sleep until noon. Somewhere in there I assume he also studied a bit but maybe not. He probably just showed up and dazzled his professors with his ...

A few projects

I made this pair of puppies from this really cute crochet book: They were my first attempts at animals and they showed me just how hard it is to crochet evenly and then attach all the limbs correctly. Dylan and Caitlin accepted these two little guys and love them in spite of their lopsidedness. But I decided to try again: Following the same pattern I made these two little puppies. There are still many things about attaching limbs that I need to master. Once the puppies were stuffed their eyes never looked quite like they were supposed to and the noses were obviously stitched on off center. But I learned to pin the limbs into place with straight pins before sewing that that helped me out immensely. Here's the other project from the same book that I have been working on:

some things about me

Is it cheating if I reuse material from another place? Once in college I used a paper I had written for one class for an assignment in another class. I told the professor and he acted like he was giving me a free pass by accepting it. Whatever! I wrote it! Is it my fault that it fit the assignments for two different classes? Anyway, I hardly ever do these but I spent a really long time compiling this list for a facebook meme so I am reprinting it with permission from the author (me) here: 25 things about me. 1. I like the weather to stay between 67-73 degrees. Preferably with sunshine. I also love thunder storms on summer evenings in Utah. They smell amazingly fresh and rainy. I like to watch them from inside. 2. I have enough embarrassing moments to fill this list but one of the most embarrassing was once in college when I thought my car was dead. I called a room mate to come pick me up, she called her brother to come look at the car and tow it. He drove 45 minutes to rescu...