On Tuesday we had a few kids over for a princess costume party. Caitlin wanted to help me by cutting the streamers for me. It made me nervous, since she almost cut her bangs down to the scalp a few weeks ago- I caught her right in time! But she did a great job cutting off streamers while I hung them up.
Every princess needs really pink cupcakes! These were not quite as cute as the idea in my mind, but I am reasonably happy with how they turned out.
This is Caitlin as her guests were arriving- her eyes are a little red because she'd been in trouble several times in a period of 10 minutes- as I set up for the party she found markers and started drawing on her dress. I took off the dress, scrubbed the marker out, told her not to do that, put the dress back on her and went back to cutting tiny sandwiches. I looked around and realized Caitlin wasn't in the room with me. She had shut herself in a bedroom, found a marker and was drawing all over her dress- again!

Once her friends arrived she cheered up and I calmed down and it was a very fun little party. She enjoyed her pink cupcakes!
And then we played a few games. Here are the girls playing the princess jewel fishing game. Caitlin is wearing a net from Elefun on her head. She's a trend setter! Pretty soon they were all wearing nets on their heads.

Lastly, here she is at the end of the party, modeling all the jewels she got as a gift. Happy Birthday Caitlin!
Comments