You might have heard that we are having a difficult time getting Caitlin interested in using the toilet. I am trying to remain non-confrontational, but fun about the whole thing. Lots of little rewards and clapping and cheering.
So yesterday I was really happy when Caitlin used her little potty two times. It was so far from what she's been doing that I asked her if she'd like to wear her Tinkerbell panties for a little while. She actually said yes and so she went diaper free right before dinner. I figured I had 90 minutes or so before she would need to sit on the potty again. After dinner she ran upstairs to play while Ken and I cleaned up after dinner. A few minutes later she came downstairs and said, "Mommy, look at my legs." "Why?" I asked. "Because." "Did you pee?" I asked. "No." She answered. "Then what should I be looking at your legs?" "Because they are so cute!" she responded.
But really, it was because she had peed and her legs were all wet. Although they were kinda cute too.
So yesterday I was really happy when Caitlin used her little potty two times. It was so far from what she's been doing that I asked her if she'd like to wear her Tinkerbell panties for a little while. She actually said yes and so she went diaper free right before dinner. I figured I had 90 minutes or so before she would need to sit on the potty again. After dinner she ran upstairs to play while Ken and I cleaned up after dinner. A few minutes later she came downstairs and said, "Mommy, look at my legs." "Why?" I asked. "Because." "Did you pee?" I asked. "No." She answered. "Then what should I be looking at your legs?" "Because they are so cute!" she responded.
But really, it was because she had peed and her legs were all wet. Although they were kinda cute too.
Comments