Today we took the kids on a fun trip over the the Olympic Peninsula. The trip included a ferry boat ride, a drive long enough to convince me to bring the DVD player, a beach, pleasant walks, an old army base with old guns to climb on/around, driftwood huts, wild life (a deer and a clam the size of Ken's fist!) and alas, a broken camera. After misplacing my camera I finally unearthed it for this trip. I took lots of pictures with plans to share them on various blogs. I remembered to charge the camera batteries (that's a real accomplishment for me) and I even thought to tape the battery compartment closed since it's a little broken and the battery connection isn't constant. There are cute pictures of kids doing cute, sweet or funny things. Unfortunately we may never get to see them. At the end of the day I let Dylan take the camera. He took a picture of Caitlin and then wanted to take pictures of the beach from the top of a hill. He ran to take the picture, caught his foot in a little trench, smashed the camera and banged up his knee. His knee hurt only briefly but the camera's a goner. I am sure the pictures are safe- it's the lens that got smashed not the memory card but I can't get them off the card until I have a camera to read them. So imagine you're looking at pictures of the above. By the way, I didn't yell when Dylan broke the camera. AND even more impressive, I didn't yell hours later as we took our very tired kids to a restaurant and they behaved like wild animals. I am on a real streak!
Pictures once I fix the camera situation!
p.s. I almost forgot. Caitlin was so excited for the ferry but she kept talking about taking the ferry boat with the princesses. Finally I figured out that when we said ferry boat she understood fairie boat and thought there would be fairies and princesses on board. Luckily we figured it out in time to explain before we got on the boat that Tinkerbell would not be there.
Pictures once I fix the camera situation!
p.s. I almost forgot. Caitlin was so excited for the ferry but she kept talking about taking the ferry boat with the princesses. Finally I figured out that when we said ferry boat she understood fairie boat and thought there would be fairies and princesses on board. Luckily we figured it out in time to explain before we got on the boat that Tinkerbell would not be there.
Comments
you do know you can put that memory card straight into the computer right? no camera needed?
Does Ken's laptop have a card reader? Our printer has one.
Did Dylan get hurt on the camera crushing fall? That is sweet that he wanted to take a picture of his sister!