Thanks for the comments. I now have much to consider. Here are a few answers from yesterday's post: I used youtube videos to learn the different stitches. I followed along with the video, pausing as needed, and then practiced making flowers, hats and a heart to get the hang of how the stitches all fit together. Then I checked out a few books from the library. The pattern for the hat comes from Chic Crochet. The hat in the book is purple with a green border and green pom poms. I knew I wanted colors that were a little more subtle than green and purple and I knew I didn't want pom poms. Hence the hat as you see it below. The border is really simple to remove and also re-do so last night I pulled it out to see if I liked it better. I thought it looked a little naked, so I put it back. Ken (who may not have my great fashion sense but does know a lot about other artistic stuff) suggested that the problem is that the two colors are too close in value and intensity (or something like that- I don't exactly know what it all means) and I think that might be why the border looks not quite right. I am thinking I might try a cream flower and border and see how that turns out. Stay tuned for the FASCINATING continuing saga of Mindy's new crochet centric life.
In other crochet related news I am working on the cutest little dog. I got this book the other day and now all I want to do is crochet adorable little animals. Oh, and my friend gave me an Amish friendship bread start a few weeks ago so I am churning out bread like crazy! I am such a domestic goddess! We can live off of tiny crochet creatures and highly sweetened dessert breads, right?
In other crochet related news I am working on the cutest little dog. I got this book the other day and now all I want to do is crochet adorable little animals. Oh, and my friend gave me an Amish friendship bread start a few weeks ago so I am churning out bread like crazy! I am such a domestic goddess! We can live off of tiny crochet creatures and highly sweetened dessert breads, right?
Comments