Saturday was Dylan's actual birthday. We invited all the boys from his Kindergarten class to his party which we had at a children's museum. Dylan got to sit on the birthday throne:
He was VERY excited about opening gifts. I am always torn about gifts. Last year I said 'no gifts' on the invitations and Dylan was very clear that he didn't want me to do that again. While it is true that he has enough already and he gets plenty of gifts from Ken and me as well as other family members, there is something about the joy of attending a party where your friends get to watch you open their gift. It is also fun for kids to pick out gifts to give to their friends. So this year I gave in and he opened gifts from his friends.
He was equally excited about the birthday cake. He wanted a 'diver' cake and that wasn't an easy thing to find so I got an underwater themed cake and added the Aquaraider Lego divers that he has been coveting. The little boys all oohed and ahhed over the cake. My favorite part was the edible rocks along the bottom.
After pizza, gifts and cake the kids were set free in the museum. The water room was the biggest hit- Dylan was soaking wet even though he was wearing the protective smock. He had water dripping off his face. Then we headed home where he happily spent several hours putting his new Lego sets together and learning how his Transformer works.
Happy Birthday Dylan!
He was VERY excited about opening gifts. I am always torn about gifts. Last year I said 'no gifts' on the invitations and Dylan was very clear that he didn't want me to do that again. While it is true that he has enough already and he gets plenty of gifts from Ken and me as well as other family members, there is something about the joy of attending a party where your friends get to watch you open their gift. It is also fun for kids to pick out gifts to give to their friends. So this year I gave in and he opened gifts from his friends.
He was equally excited about the birthday cake. He wanted a 'diver' cake and that wasn't an easy thing to find so I got an underwater themed cake and added the Aquaraider Lego divers that he has been coveting. The little boys all oohed and ahhed over the cake. My favorite part was the edible rocks along the bottom.
After pizza, gifts and cake the kids were set free in the museum. The water room was the biggest hit- Dylan was soaking wet even though he was wearing the protective smock. He had water dripping off his face. Then we headed home where he happily spent several hours putting his new Lego sets together and learning how his Transformer works.Happy Birthday Dylan!
Comments