This week I bought a new washer and dryer on Monday. The only problem is I did it while I was supposed to be taking Caitlin to the doctor. It wasn't until later that afternoon that I realized I had missed her 15 month check up. Luckily, I was able to reschedule and take her in on Wednesday. She is growing tall and even though she has a cute little pot belly, she is 50th percentile for weight and 97th for height so that makes her technically tall and skinny.
Tuesday I embarrassed myself by calling my doctor's office over a mystery pain that I was convinced was going to land me in the hospital only to be asked if it might be gas pains. It disappeared within an hour and turned out to very likely have been ovulation. Nice. Way to wait a whole 15 minutes before panicking and calling the doctor!
Wednesday Ken and I got an afternoon babysitter and went to the temple. I was hoping that an afternoon session might help me stay awake, but I was as sleepy as ever!
Thursday Dylan had a play date with his friend from preschool and we spent most of the day hanging out with him and his mom. I'd like to thank Dylan for making friends so that the moms of those friends can then become my friends.
Friday- today- besides being leap day (is that what it's called?) was pretty low key. I ran a bunch of errands so that we will have tomorrow free for Dino Days. Then we took the kids to a really yummy Thai restaurant called Pen Thai and last of all stopped by the Youth talent show at the church. There was a kid who did some beatboxing, which really mystified Dylan. Our favorite was a girl who solved a Rubik's cube in 1 minute, 5 seconds.
As previously stated, tomorrow is Dino Days at UW's natural history museum. Dylan wants to know if we can stay from 10:00, when it opens until close at 4:00. Answer- No, no we can not. I'll let you know how it goes! Dylan is really really really hoping that he finds a fossil! Oh, tonight he told us when he grows up he's going to be an author and a volunteer paleontologist. So that way when there is a need for someone to find fossils he can put aside his writing and be on hand to do some discovering. Ken asked him if there would be any kind of alarm that would ring and alert him to fossil hunting emergencies. He reassured Ken that looking for fossils wasn't any kind of emergency.
Tuesday I embarrassed myself by calling my doctor's office over a mystery pain that I was convinced was going to land me in the hospital only to be asked if it might be gas pains. It disappeared within an hour and turned out to very likely have been ovulation. Nice. Way to wait a whole 15 minutes before panicking and calling the doctor!
Wednesday Ken and I got an afternoon babysitter and went to the temple. I was hoping that an afternoon session might help me stay awake, but I was as sleepy as ever!
Thursday Dylan had a play date with his friend from preschool and we spent most of the day hanging out with him and his mom. I'd like to thank Dylan for making friends so that the moms of those friends can then become my friends.
Friday- today- besides being leap day (is that what it's called?) was pretty low key. I ran a bunch of errands so that we will have tomorrow free for Dino Days. Then we took the kids to a really yummy Thai restaurant called Pen Thai and last of all stopped by the Youth talent show at the church. There was a kid who did some beatboxing, which really mystified Dylan. Our favorite was a girl who solved a Rubik's cube in 1 minute, 5 seconds.
As previously stated, tomorrow is Dino Days at UW's natural history museum. Dylan wants to know if we can stay from 10:00, when it opens until close at 4:00. Answer- No, no we can not. I'll let you know how it goes! Dylan is really really really hoping that he finds a fossil! Oh, tonight he told us when he grows up he's going to be an author and a volunteer paleontologist. So that way when there is a need for someone to find fossils he can put aside his writing and be on hand to do some discovering. Ken asked him if there would be any kind of alarm that would ring and alert him to fossil hunting emergencies. He reassured Ken that looking for fossils wasn't any kind of emergency.
Comments
Guess what's crazy? We bought a new washer and dryer, too! Jinx!