A few days ago I got a bill in the mail for Caitlin's preschool tuition. She's scheduled to start in September and ever since that bill showed up I have been a little tense about the whole potty training situation. That's a little misleading because that makes it sound like I was relaxed about it before. I have been tense about it for months now but once I pay the money I want to make sure she's really going and until she's potty trained they won't let her in. I know, September is still a month and a half away but the kid is over 3 1/2 and still showing no sign of making up her mind on her own. Every time someone would say,"Don't worry, she won't go to college in diapers" I thought my head might explode. When I was in 1st grade I had a friend 2 years older than me who still peed in her pants. I assume she wore some kind of diaper but she smelled like urine. So every time I got that "it's going to be fine, relax!" advice I pictured that girl. No, Caitlin most likely won't go to college in a diaper and I'll be damned if she goes to preschool in one either!
So yesterday I decided I'd waited long enough and told Caitlin we were done with diapers and pull ups. Then I packed a little plastic bag with a change of clothes for her, baby wipes, disinfecting wipes, a ton of paper towels and a ziploc bag. Then we went about our day as usual. In the afternoon Ken took the kids out to enjoy the sunshine while I went to the dentist. Caitlin was out of the house about 4 hours and stayed dry! Ken took her to lots of public restrooms and she did great! Today I left the kids with a friend who swears she doesn't care if Caitlin has an accident and so far there's been no phone call....
I don't want to count my chickens before they, you know, stay dry for 2 full days, but I have a good feeling. Send us dry thoughts!
So yesterday I decided I'd waited long enough and told Caitlin we were done with diapers and pull ups. Then I packed a little plastic bag with a change of clothes for her, baby wipes, disinfecting wipes, a ton of paper towels and a ziploc bag. Then we went about our day as usual. In the afternoon Ken took the kids out to enjoy the sunshine while I went to the dentist. Caitlin was out of the house about 4 hours and stayed dry! Ken took her to lots of public restrooms and she did great! Today I left the kids with a friend who swears she doesn't care if Caitlin has an accident and so far there's been no phone call....
I don't want to count my chickens before they, you know, stay dry for 2 full days, but I have a good feeling. Send us dry thoughts!
Comments