I walked up to my friend's front door, handed her a few bags of hand-me-downs and returned to my car. I was gone less than 90 seconds. But this is what Katie looked like when I got back to the car


I am baffled by her behavior lately. She broke the Venetian blinds, constantly pulls every book off every book shelf, throws every toy off every shelf, hits her brother with anything handy and shrieks first then asks for help later. But today, after using her face for a coloring book, she came up with a game that really made me laugh. "What's my favorite loud?" She asked me. This means at what volume does she like to listen to music in the car. "Five." I told her. "Correct! Jump into the pool!" she yelled as she jumped off a kitchen chair. There were many more questions- what's her favorite color (pink and purple), shape of garbage can (triangle), color of flower (white), color of cat (white), and shape (circle)-just to name a few. Each answer was celebrated with "Jump into the pool!"

I am baffled by her behavior lately. She broke the Venetian blinds, constantly pulls every book off every book shelf, throws every toy off every shelf, hits her brother with anything handy and shrieks first then asks for help later. But today, after using her face for a coloring book, she came up with a game that really made me laugh. "What's my favorite loud?" She asked me. This means at what volume does she like to listen to music in the car. "Five." I told her. "Correct! Jump into the pool!" she yelled as she jumped off a kitchen chair. There were many more questions- what's her favorite color (pink and purple), shape of garbage can (triangle), color of flower (white), color of cat (white), and shape (circle)-just to name a few. Each answer was celebrated with "Jump into the pool!"
Comments