We're always happy to have people come to town and stay with us and this summer I think we're hosting just about all of our immediate family members with a few exceptions. We're super happy to see everyone but it does keep me from blogging. I am just too busy having fun. And also my computer is in the guest room and for some reason I just never post from the laptop I steal from Ken. I don't know why.
I am sure you all know by now: it is absurdly hot up here right now. If I were the kind of blogger to label my posts I would bet money that "weather" or "temperature" would be up at the top of my most frequent labels. It is true, I am a little obsessive about weather. I really hate to be cold (see last December) but what we learned this past week is I hate to be hot even more. My house is nicely equipped with central heating and my closet has plenty of sweaters. I have a fireplace and lots of extra blankets. On the other hand I have nothing to keep my house from reaching 89 degrees on the main floor. I am sure it was in the mid 90's upstairs in the bedrooms. Box fans can only do so much and it turns out 4 isn't enough. Just like 85% of Seattle I was wandering stores looking for a box fan or two so that I could have a few outside of bedrooms. No such luck. It appears that the obscene heat has broken now that my sister in law and her two tiny kids have gone. When her son got heat stroke from being inside my house I knew I was now officially the worst host ever.
You might be asking yourself "How is the no yelling policy going with that terrible heat wave?" To that I might yell at you, "What do you think?" Arg.
I am sure you all know by now: it is absurdly hot up here right now. If I were the kind of blogger to label my posts I would bet money that "weather" or "temperature" would be up at the top of my most frequent labels. It is true, I am a little obsessive about weather. I really hate to be cold (see last December) but what we learned this past week is I hate to be hot even more. My house is nicely equipped with central heating and my closet has plenty of sweaters. I have a fireplace and lots of extra blankets. On the other hand I have nothing to keep my house from reaching 89 degrees on the main floor. I am sure it was in the mid 90's upstairs in the bedrooms. Box fans can only do so much and it turns out 4 isn't enough. Just like 85% of Seattle I was wandering stores looking for a box fan or two so that I could have a few outside of bedrooms. No such luck. It appears that the obscene heat has broken now that my sister in law and her two tiny kids have gone. When her son got heat stroke from being inside my house I knew I was now officially the worst host ever.
You might be asking yourself "How is the no yelling policy going with that terrible heat wave?" To that I might yell at you, "What do you think?" Arg.
Comments