Maybe it's because we've had 3 gloomy, chilly days in a row, but I am feeling the need to remind myself of the fun we've had this summer. When it's warm and sunny outside we make a bee line for a park or beach. Here are some pictures from a recent trip to one of our favorite parks. We especially like this park because it has a beach and a nice playground/picnic area and some woods for small hikes after dinner.

I asked Katie to smile for the camera. This is what I got! There are train tracks that run right next to this beach. On one visit an especially loud train went by, scaring Caitlin. To this day she talks about that train. "Choo choo noisy," she tells us. Now when a train passes she makes sure to climb up into my lap, but then she happily watches it pass.

One of the trails that we take has a tree with a hollowed out base. It is the perfect little hobbit house. You can sort of see above Dylan's head that it is a little charred. I guess not everyone who peeks out of these windows is as innocent as Dylan. Oh, notice the fleece. Yes, the Northwest is beautiful and also requires coats in the middle of July.

I asked Katie to smile for the camera. This is what I got! There are train tracks that run right next to this beach. On one visit an especially loud train went by, scaring Caitlin. To this day she talks about that train. "Choo choo noisy," she tells us. Now when a train passes she makes sure to climb up into my lap, but then she happily watches it pass.

One of the trails that we take has a tree with a hollowed out base. It is the perfect little hobbit house. You can sort of see above Dylan's head that it is a little charred. I guess not everyone who peeks out of these windows is as innocent as Dylan. Oh, notice the fleece. Yes, the Northwest is beautiful and also requires coats in the middle of July.
Comments
WARNING FROM THE FUTURE!!!
When Dylan is twelve he's going to be transported back to 2003 so he can play Liam Neeson's stepson in Love Actually. Be prepared! Protect your son! Make sure he knows how to get safely back to the present! And above all, don't trust Liam--he tried to kill Batman!