When I was a kid I remember listening to Paul Harvey on the radio while sitting in my mom's car, waiting for the school bus. She would drive us to the school bus stop AND wait until the bus came only on really cold, snowy days- like today!

So here's the rest of the spring horse story. As you may recall, Back to Basics Toys had offered us their apologies and a free horse and then sent the wrong one. I called and said thanks, but I really want the other one- can I send this one back? The nice lady told me that since they were out of the plush spring horse she had sent the other one so that the kids wouldn't be horse-less on Christmas morning but not to fear, the plush one would be on it's way as soon as they were in stock and by the way, keep the other one for good measure. What are we going to do with two spring horses? I don't know. (The Radio Flier one is still in it's box in the garage.) So as promised, mid-January the plush horse made it's way to our front door. I am very pleased with it. It is a little bit of a pain to assemble- mainly because the directions are TERRIBLE. I spent a very very long time trying to insert the "brushings" only to realize that they came pre-assembled. There were a few minor parts missing (just a few screws) and after all the hype of Back to Basics Toys being a place to get high quality toys, just like they used to make- none of this made in China crap- guess where the horse was made? One hint: it rhymes with China. But those little annoyances aside, we are very happy with our horse.

So here's the rest of the spring horse story. As you may recall, Back to Basics Toys had offered us their apologies and a free horse and then sent the wrong one. I called and said thanks, but I really want the other one- can I send this one back? The nice lady told me that since they were out of the plush spring horse she had sent the other one so that the kids wouldn't be horse-less on Christmas morning but not to fear, the plush one would be on it's way as soon as they were in stock and by the way, keep the other one for good measure. What are we going to do with two spring horses? I don't know. (The Radio Flier one is still in it's box in the garage.) So as promised, mid-January the plush horse made it's way to our front door. I am very pleased with it. It is a little bit of a pain to assemble- mainly because the directions are TERRIBLE. I spent a very very long time trying to insert the "brushings" only to realize that they came pre-assembled. There were a few minor parts missing (just a few screws) and after all the hype of Back to Basics Toys being a place to get high quality toys, just like they used to make- none of this made in China crap- guess where the horse was made? One hint: it rhymes with China. But those little annoyances aside, we are very happy with our horse.
Comments