If you've ever met me before then you've probably heard about The Great Target Boycott of '05. Well, I've got a new one. In August we visited some friends in California. They had this great rocking horse. It's like those spring Radio Flyer ones, but plush. My friend told me it was bought on-line from a company called Back to Basics Toys. (I won't link to them for you because that's part of the boycott!) In October I was thinking of what to get the kids for birthdays and Christmas and I thought of that horse. I ordered it, intending to give it to Caitlin for her birthday. It never showed up. Suddenly I realized that I never checked the website to make sure it had shipped or anything. When I checked the site it said that the item would ship in early December. I was mad, because when I checked out I was never told that the item was back ordered. I e-mailed customer service and told them I seriously hoped the horse would make it in time for Christmas. I figured I had better watch my account a little closer. A few days later the website said the horse would ship in mid December, so I e-mailed again, clarifying my desire to receive the horse in a timely manner. On December 8th I missed a phone call from Customer Service, and their message let me know that my order had been canceled because of a problem running my credit card. I called back on the 10th and after explaining what I had done to try to get this horse, and being assured that it was an oversight that no one had called or e-mailed me when the card didn't go through, I re-ordered the horse. I then trusted that it would show up at my house. It never came so I called again. After waiting on hold with Customer Service for a really long time (I know, it's Christmas Rush) I found out that there was no record of the second time I ordered the horse and now they are out of stock. I asked to talk to a manager and asked her what she would do to keep me as a customer. She offered me 15% off when they get back in stock. I told her I would take my business elsewhere. So here's my question. Would $20 off have appeased you? Am I wrong to still be mad? It appears that I am not the only one to have trouble with this company.
Just out of curiosity, who's ruined your Christmas?
Just out of curiosity, who's ruined your Christmas?
Comments