Katie was the first Student of the Week in her 3rd grade class. Her teacher asked me to write her a letter to share with the class:
Dear Caitlin,
I am so happy that I get to write you this letter! You are kind and loving and full of creativity. You were a happy baby, a happy toddler and you’re still a happy smiling girl. That’s not to say you haven’t had your naughty moments- Here are my two favorite Naughty Katie stories: When you were a toddler I loaded you up in the car with two big bags of hand-me-down baby things you had out grown. I was taking them to a friend with a new baby. The drive to her house was an uneventful 10 minutes. I pulled up into the driveway, said to you, “I will be gone 2 seconds.” I then unloaded the two bags and handed them to my friend. I was gone for less than one minute. When I came back, you had found a black pen and colored all over your face and arms. You’re a fast worker!
My second favorite story of Naughty Katie happened not long after- I got a new laptop for my birthday from Dad. It was set up on a desk in a spare bedroom. One morning shortly after my birthday I sat down at my computer and something looked off. It took me a few seconds to figure it out, all the keys on the keyboard were blank. I could not figure out what had happened, but I knew who was behind it! First I thought you had somehow peeled every letter decal off the keys, but then I realized you had taken a sharpie marker and perfectly colored in every single key!
You’ve outgrown the coloring on things phase (mostly) but you’re as fun and creative and kind as ever! You love to create: dances, songs, plays, drawings, and outfits! For years you have been putting together creative outfits. When you were three you told me:
You: I've got the clothes that I want!
Me: What about the cute clothes that I picked out?
You: I don't want those clothes. I was angry when I saw them.
You love animals and often find little insects or worms that need a home. You’re a good friend and a good sister. You love the Nature and you are always trying to be more environmentally friendly. You love learning and school. You are my favorite daughter and I am very proud to be your mom!
Love,
Mom
Comments