Skip to main content

It's a major award!

I won something today. I haven't won many things in my life and never a contest- much less a contest I didn't know I had entered. So it was a nice surprise. It went like this: while I was standing in my kitchen, getting myself a post-gym snack, the doorbell rang. It was our letter carrier hand delivering our mail because we had a registered letter. (This has nothing to do with the major award, by the way, but BONUS I didn't have to trek down to the mail box today! Really, it's far away- don't roll your eyes at me!) So as I was looking through the mail there was a letter addressed to me, local return address but not one that I recognize. I opened the envelope and inside was a quarter sheet of paper congratulating me on winning the drawing at 24-Hour Fitness. They have drawings?  Apparently I entered myself by checking in at the gym on the lucky day. (I was #6. I don't know what that means.) And my award? A $100 gift card to Target! Good thing I ended my ban on Target, huh?

Comments

myrna said…
Well, at least the award wasn't a "leg lamp"! Congrats to you, maybe this is the beginning of your lucky streak! How fun....
gwyn said…
So fun! Don't spend it all in one place...ha, ha! :)
Sandy said…
That's a pretty good surprise surprise!!
Sandy said…
That's a pretty good surprise surprise!!

Popular posts from this blog

10 years today

Dylan made me these hearts as an anniversary gift. Sweet, huh? Ten years ago I was newly graduated from college, in love and ready to get married! Well, technically I was freaking out about getting married, which probably made Ken feel super good. Most of you know this story and the rest of you probably don't care, but it's my blog, so ppppthhhht! Ken lived across the street from me during our last year of college (but curiously, we were 24 and 25. Oh, how I love BYU). He and his room mate spent many evenings, and when I say evenings I really mean late at night, in my living room talking to my room mates, Laura and Cheryl (hi guys!). I would emerge from my basement lair, tell them to pipe down and then retreat for my beauty sleep and morning classes. Ken would hang out then go home, watch a movie, go jogging at 3 am and then sleep until noon. Somewhere in there I assume he also studied a bit but maybe not. He probably just showed up and dazzled his professors with his ...

A few projects

I made this pair of puppies from this really cute crochet book: They were my first attempts at animals and they showed me just how hard it is to crochet evenly and then attach all the limbs correctly. Dylan and Caitlin accepted these two little guys and love them in spite of their lopsidedness. But I decided to try again: Following the same pattern I made these two little puppies. There are still many things about attaching limbs that I need to master. Once the puppies were stuffed their eyes never looked quite like they were supposed to and the noses were obviously stitched on off center. But I learned to pin the limbs into place with straight pins before sewing that that helped me out immensely. Here's the other project from the same book that I have been working on:

some things about me

Is it cheating if I reuse material from another place? Once in college I used a paper I had written for one class for an assignment in another class. I told the professor and he acted like he was giving me a free pass by accepting it. Whatever! I wrote it! Is it my fault that it fit the assignments for two different classes? Anyway, I hardly ever do these but I spent a really long time compiling this list for a facebook meme so I am reprinting it with permission from the author (me) here: 25 things about me. 1. I like the weather to stay between 67-73 degrees. Preferably with sunshine. I also love thunder storms on summer evenings in Utah. They smell amazingly fresh and rainy. I like to watch them from inside. 2. I have enough embarrassing moments to fill this list but one of the most embarrassing was once in college when I thought my car was dead. I called a room mate to come pick me up, she called her brother to come look at the car and tow it. He drove 45 minutes to rescu...