Before the horrors of Tuesday night began we spent the evening at Caitlin's preschool Christmas pageant. Four years ago Dylan was a wise man in this same pageant. When the notice of assigned parts came home Caitlin was assigned the part of 'townsperson'. This assignment was met with contempt from Caitlin. "I hate preschool!" she told me one day. "Why?" I asked, surprised by this turn of events. It turned out she was unhappy with rehearsals. I asked her why she was so against being a townsperson. "They don't get to do anything! It's so boring!" I was then dumb enough to ask her what part she wanted instead. "I want to be Mary! I'm happy for Abigail (the lucky girl chosen as Mary) but I want to be Mary too!" I tried reassuring her that it could still be fun but she was not to be consoled. Just a few weeks after that I got a note from her teacher that there was a new part open, and would Caitlin like to take over the role of the Inn Keeper. It turned out that the first Inn Keeper had also been telling his mom how much he now hated preschool because of rehearsals. Unlike Caitlin, he wanted less stage time and so he happily became a townsperson and Caitlin took over as Inn Keeper. And a great Inn Keeper she was!
 |
| Inn Keeper Caitlin with two angel classmates |
 |
| Mary, Joseph and the Donkey come the the Inn looking for a room |
I took videos on my phone. Now I am having a hard time getting them off my phone. I have one on my facebook page. I will try to get them uploaded here. Wish me luck!
Comments