Our next day in Hawaii was more beach! We drove to Mauna Kea beach, which was very close to where we were staying. Thanks to our super helpful guide book we knew to come early and to tell the guards at the gate of the resort that we were "exercising our beach access rights" if they gave us a hard time. They did not give us a hard time.
For hours my kids sat in the shade with my dad building volcanoes in the sand. They were all called Mt. Nut because they had a hole in the top of the volcano that was filled with the nuts of whatever tree we were sitting under.
Caitlin was enjoying posing for pictures. Also she only wanted to wear one shoe at a time. I don't know why. She's a mystery sometimes!
Comments
Hey, did you know we are King Henry cruising again in March? Are you guys up for it this time?? I know it will be us, Ken and Kim Carlile, Greg and Emy Porter, Christina and Cam Karpowitz, Dave and Robyn Bunkall and who knows who else!! I hope you know you are always invited!!