Caitlin: You're my mechanical mom.
Me: I am?
C: Yep. I built you with my tools.
M: What happened to your real mom?
C: I don't have one.
M:Why not?
C: She died. My dad too.
M: How did she die?
C: After I was born she died in a car crash. She got really sick and she was in the hospital. My dad joined the army to get medicine and he died in World War II. But they were mean anyway.
Is this too morbid to laugh at? I hope not because I sure am laughing. Mostly it's nice to know that even if I am just the mechanical replacement mom, at least she thinks I am nice!
Me: I am?
C: Yep. I built you with my tools.
M: What happened to your real mom?
C: I don't have one.
M:Why not?
C: She died. My dad too.
M: How did she die?
C: After I was born she died in a car crash. She got really sick and she was in the hospital. My dad joined the army to get medicine and he died in World War II. But they were mean anyway.
Is this too morbid to laugh at? I hope not because I sure am laughing. Mostly it's nice to know that even if I am just the mechanical replacement mom, at least she thinks I am nice!
Comments