We stopped by the Science Center today (local hands on science museum). The traveling exhibit right now is called "The Science of Fear". There were several little stations where you could gauge your reaction to different fears. For example one booth filmed you while a loud noise, like a shot, went off close to your ear. Then it played back, in slow motion, your startle reflex. One booth filmed you while falling backward, strapped to a board. I am definatley someone with a fear of falling. I am scared of heights, I freak out slightly on ferris wheels and a constantly have dreams of falling that startle me awake.
Ken and the kids thought I should really try to face my fear of falling. So here I am, strapped to a board and dropped backward. I do have to admit, it was actually kind of fun. Also my scared face is much more scared than anyone else who went before me.
Comments