Things really are happening around here. I don't know where my desire to document them has gone. I downloaded pictures off my phone with the intention of catching up a bit on the goings on of the Jennings. So here's an attempt at an update.
Caitlin recently finished her first year of school. Preschool, that is. She had the same teachers that Dylan had- they are awesome. I was so excited for her to be in their class this year. They did not disappoint. She has a great time, loved her teachers, made great friends, brought home lots and lots of sparkly art projects and learned a few Bible songs.
Dylan still has a few days to go until school is out. We had a few too many snow days last winter so the school year was extended a bit. He's had a great year too. Although, sometime during this school year he started saying things like, "school's boring" and "I hate school". He's saying it but he doesn't quite believe it yet. He'd better not! This year they've had 2 Fridays a month of afternoon fun activities instead of math class (art projects, games, mentos and coke bottle rockets...), a billion field trips, Dr. Seuss day, gingerbread house making day, a pancake breakfast, 100 days of school celebration, a classroom Jeopardy! tournament, and field day. What's to hate? Last week I chaperoned a zoo field trip. It was fun to spend the day with him and his friends. Pokemon was talked about at great length but that's to be expected. The weather was nice and the boys actually took a break from dreaming up new Pokemon to look at a few of the animals.
I am trying to do a mad scramble and get my kitchen and bathroom prepped for a little remodel this summer. It turns out that wallpaper doesn't remove itself. Weird.
Ken is keeping busy. Mostly with posting to twitter. You can follow him and his hilarious jokes there.
Caitlin recently finished her first year of school. Preschool, that is. She had the same teachers that Dylan had- they are awesome. I was so excited for her to be in their class this year. They did not disappoint. She has a great time, loved her teachers, made great friends, brought home lots and lots of sparkly art projects and learned a few Bible songs.
Dylan still has a few days to go until school is out. We had a few too many snow days last winter so the school year was extended a bit. He's had a great year too. Although, sometime during this school year he started saying things like, "school's boring" and "I hate school". He's saying it but he doesn't quite believe it yet. He'd better not! This year they've had 2 Fridays a month of afternoon fun activities instead of math class (art projects, games, mentos and coke bottle rockets...), a billion field trips, Dr. Seuss day, gingerbread house making day, a pancake breakfast, 100 days of school celebration, a classroom Jeopardy! tournament, and field day. What's to hate? Last week I chaperoned a zoo field trip. It was fun to spend the day with him and his friends. Pokemon was talked about at great length but that's to be expected. The weather was nice and the boys actually took a break from dreaming up new Pokemon to look at a few of the animals.
I am trying to do a mad scramble and get my kitchen and bathroom prepped for a little remodel this summer. It turns out that wallpaper doesn't remove itself. Weird.
Ken is keeping busy. Mostly with posting to twitter. You can follow him and his hilarious jokes there.


Comments
Love Stef
It sounds like Dylan and Adison need to get together and discuss Pokemon. (I promise I haven't given Ad anymore birds and bees talks so it would be fine)