Skip to main content

Catching up

Over the past few days there have been many things to blog about but no brain power available for the actual typing. I am on the tail end (I HOPE!!!) of some unknown, unnamed illness that has rendered me useless for several days. Here's an attempt to catch up:

Dylan's Spring piano recital:
Dylan played on solo piece and a duet with his piano teacher. Just like at the Christmas concert his total playing time was so short that by the time I got the cameras ready to go he was done! So I took video of him playing but did not get any photos. This one below is just after he finished playing. He did a great job and was really proud of himself. Caitlin ran around like a maniac through the entire program, which only lasted 30 minutes. I am sure most of the people there were wondering why I couldn't keep her quiet for 30 minutes. I know I was wondering that myself!Dylan's showering Debut:
I have been trying for a while now to get Dylan to shower. His usual response was no way! Never! But just the other day he told me he was ready to try a shower. I let him get in my shower, which is bigger and much funner than his shower. He climbed in and said, "Hey, this isn't bad!" Then he danced and sang for a long time. Then I made him wash up and told him it was time to get out. He told me that first it was time for the "grand finale" washing. Now he wants to shower 2x a day. We're limiting it to a shower before bed.

Katie loves her blond hair:
Caitlin has been talking quite a bit about her hair lately. I think she is figuring out all on her own that blond hair is pretty great. (What ever, Caitlin!) She brought Ken a picture of herself as a baby and when Ken asked who was in the picture she said "That's me, but with not as much blond curly hair." While walking through a parking lot the other night she saw a bright yellow car. She said to me, "Oh! Look at that colorful car! It's a blond car!"

Katie used the potty:
Not that it's a regular thing or anything even close, but two nights ago Caitlin asked to sit on the potty and actually used it as intended. She got to choose a prize and was pretty happy about that- no luck yesterday but we're pretty excited for today!

Mariners Game:
So before I realized how sick I was getting I bought us Mariners tickets for last night. Although I sound like I am dying of consumption every time I cough, I thought we should go ahead with the game. It was the first time at a sporting event with Caitlin that I have been able to relax. With her own seat in a relatively uncrowded section of the stand she could spin and climb and jump without constantly bumping in to people. We got hotdogs and sodas and the kids shared Dippin' Dots and cotton candy. Perfection!

Comments

FoxyJ said…
We've recently taught S-Boogie to shower and she can mostly do it on her own. It's nice because it takes less time and she enjoys it. Little Dude will shower too, but we have to help him with soap and shampoo.
Faith said…
Those pictures of Dylan in his towel are so cute. Remember to show them to any prospective girlfriends he brings over when he's a teenager.
gwyn said…
I love all the catching up! I especially liked the photos of Dylan post-shower. He looks just like Ken! Hope you get over your mystery illness soon. Consumption is so 19th century, don't you think?
Michelle S. said…
Caitlyn does have beautiful hair.

I love the showering story! The pictures you took are great! Our kids love to shower too! I especially love it when Elizabeth sings "Yesterday Girl" from The Smithereens over and over! I think I blogged about that.

I hope you feel better soon!
myrna said…
Who wouldn't love a ball game when combined with cotton candy, dippin' dots, lots of space to twirl, and many other good things! Let's go, Mariners, let's go! Hope you soon feel better.

Great photos - glad the piano recital went well.
Unknown said…
what a cute shower story...I wish zach liked them!:)

Popular posts from this blog

10 years today

Dylan made me these hearts as an anniversary gift. Sweet, huh? Ten years ago I was newly graduated from college, in love and ready to get married! Well, technically I was freaking out about getting married, which probably made Ken feel super good. Most of you know this story and the rest of you probably don't care, but it's my blog, so ppppthhhht! Ken lived across the street from me during our last year of college (but curiously, we were 24 and 25. Oh, how I love BYU). He and his room mate spent many evenings, and when I say evenings I really mean late at night, in my living room talking to my room mates, Laura and Cheryl (hi guys!). I would emerge from my basement lair, tell them to pipe down and then retreat for my beauty sleep and morning classes. Ken would hang out then go home, watch a movie, go jogging at 3 am and then sleep until noon. Somewhere in there I assume he also studied a bit but maybe not. He probably just showed up and dazzled his professors with his ...

A few projects

I made this pair of puppies from this really cute crochet book: They were my first attempts at animals and they showed me just how hard it is to crochet evenly and then attach all the limbs correctly. Dylan and Caitlin accepted these two little guys and love them in spite of their lopsidedness. But I decided to try again: Following the same pattern I made these two little puppies. There are still many things about attaching limbs that I need to master. Once the puppies were stuffed their eyes never looked quite like they were supposed to and the noses were obviously stitched on off center. But I learned to pin the limbs into place with straight pins before sewing that that helped me out immensely. Here's the other project from the same book that I have been working on:

some things about me

Is it cheating if I reuse material from another place? Once in college I used a paper I had written for one class for an assignment in another class. I told the professor and he acted like he was giving me a free pass by accepting it. Whatever! I wrote it! Is it my fault that it fit the assignments for two different classes? Anyway, I hardly ever do these but I spent a really long time compiling this list for a facebook meme so I am reprinting it with permission from the author (me) here: 25 things about me. 1. I like the weather to stay between 67-73 degrees. Preferably with sunshine. I also love thunder storms on summer evenings in Utah. They smell amazingly fresh and rainy. I like to watch them from inside. 2. I have enough embarrassing moments to fill this list but one of the most embarrassing was once in college when I thought my car was dead. I called a room mate to come pick me up, she called her brother to come look at the car and tow it. He drove 45 minutes to rescu...