We have cemented a tradition with my parents of going out for sushi when we're together. I think this ritual was born because Ken and I are the only ones who will eat sushi with my dad and like it. It's also a good choice for dinner with Dylan and Caitlin because they love rice and edamame. Actually, in true Dylan form he let us know at this dinner that he no longer likes edamame. He used to like shrimp so we would order him some shrimp nigiri but he's crossed them off his short list of approved foods. (If rice goes he might starve to death!)

But since Caitlin is still pretty accepting of food and since we had ordered some wimp sushi for my mom, I gave Caitlin a piece of chicken teriyaki roll which she picked up with her chop sticks and wrestled to her mouth. I believe the seaweed never made it past her lips, but the rest of it was successfully eaten.
Next time maybe I'll try her on spicy tuna roll! Okay, maybe not. But she's off to a good start.

But since Caitlin is still pretty accepting of food and since we had ordered some wimp sushi for my mom, I gave Caitlin a piece of chicken teriyaki roll which she picked up with her chop sticks and wrestled to her mouth. I believe the seaweed never made it past her lips, but the rest of it was successfully eaten.
Next time maybe I'll try her on spicy tuna roll! Okay, maybe not. But she's off to a good start.
Comments
See, that's my problem... my parents didn't start me on spicy tuna rolls as a toddler so I don't like them now! I am on your side this time, Dylan! :D