As anyone who has met Dylan knows, the kid comes up with some of the funniest thought and ideas ever. While walking to the mailbox the other day he said to me, "Mom, I can't believe that something so tasty comes from a flying insect that hurts you." After a brief moment I realized this was Dylan's take on honey.
He has noticed that we have quite a few spiders in our garage and he is sometimes nervous to walk past them on the way to the car. Ken reassured Dylan that the spider is our friend because he eats other bugs and keeps them from coming into our house. Dylan then dubbed the spider our "garage pet" and has since become very protective of him. "Banjo, don't eat our garage pet!" Dylan yelled yesterday as we loaded the dog into the back of the car.
Like all children everywhere Dylan asks "Why?" about everything that pops into his head. As an example here's this morning's winner:
Dylan: Can I have breakfast?
Me: What would you like?
Dylan: Why?
Exchanges such as this prompted me to tell Dylan he isn't allowed to say the word "why" ever again.
Me: You can never say "why" again.
Dylan: Why?
Me: Because you're driving me nuts!
Dylan" You mean I can't say why anymore?
Me: That's right.
Dylan: (with a glint in his eye) You mean I can only say it when I say the alphabet?
You must admit, he got me there.
____________________________________________________________________
Every once in a while I like to do a spot check to see how much Dylan and Caitlin actually look alike.

He has noticed that we have quite a few spiders in our garage and he is sometimes nervous to walk past them on the way to the car. Ken reassured Dylan that the spider is our friend because he eats other bugs and keeps them from coming into our house. Dylan then dubbed the spider our "garage pet" and has since become very protective of him. "Banjo, don't eat our garage pet!" Dylan yelled yesterday as we loaded the dog into the back of the car.
Like all children everywhere Dylan asks "Why?" about everything that pops into his head. As an example here's this morning's winner:
Dylan: Can I have breakfast?
Me: What would you like?
Dylan: Why?
Exchanges such as this prompted me to tell Dylan he isn't allowed to say the word "why" ever again.
Me: You can never say "why" again.
Dylan: Why?
Me: Because you're driving me nuts!
Dylan" You mean I can't say why anymore?
Me: That's right.
Dylan: (with a glint in his eye) You mean I can only say it when I say the alphabet?
You must admit, he got me there.
____________________________________________________________________
Every once in a while I like to do a spot check to see how much Dylan and Caitlin actually look alike.

Dylan, June 2003
What do you think?
Comments